Entries are now open for the garlic competition which is organised as part of the Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards
Commercial garlic growers can enter their products into competition classes for:
· Hard neck garlic
· Soft neck garlic
· Organic hard neck garlic
· Organic soft neck garlic
Entries Close: Friday 22 January 2016
Delivery Dates: Wednesday 17 February 2016
Judging Date: Wednesday 24 February 2016
Entry Fee: $60 (online) $65 (paper). For more information and entry booklet go to http://www.rasv.com.au/Events/RMFF_Home/RMFF_Entries/RMFF_Publications/
The entry booklet contains all of the information you require in regards to competition classes, entry fees, open and close dates, judging dates and on how we judge.
What the 2015 and 2014 trophy winners say
Royal Melbourne Fine Food Award Medals and Trophies make a genuine difference to selling and marketing my business. These awards are well respected and recognised in the industry and have helped me get extra in selling price because of the medals. Letitia Ware, Tasmanian Gourmet Garlic
We entered the RMFFA to gauge the quality of our garlic compared to other garlic being grown in Australia. Winning a gold medal and champion trophy means that we have confirmed we are growing our garlic in the right way. We feel more confident in what we are doing and how we are doing it. Neroli Hadfield, Ontos Farm
Why you should enter
Entering your product into the Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards provides your business with the opportunity to:
· Benchmark your products against industry standards;
· Receive feedback from independent industry experts;
· Market your product with a seal of quality;
· Promote your products through the Royal Melbourne Show and associated events of the RASV.
How to enter
There are four simple steps to enter the Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards:
· Read through the enclosed competition schedule and the categories you can enter product into;
· Complete the entry form online and arrange payment for your entries or;
· Send your entry form into the Royal Melbourne Fine Food Awards;
· Wait for confirmation of your entries and for your product delivery instructions;
· Deliver the product to the Melbourne Showgrounds by the due date.
For further information on the competition contact Ross Karavis on 03 9281 7435.