Purely Australian: supporting the promotion and development the Australian garlic industry since 1991.
Who we are
The Australian Garlic Industry Association (AGIA) is a non-profit, member organisation run by a board of elected growers.
What we do
- Promote and develop the Australian garlic industry
- Strengthen the local garlic industry
- Encourage investment and grower opportunities
- Seek to further essential research and development
- Lobby government support for our local industry
- Develop new market opportunities locally and overseas
- Share up-to-date resources and information
Why we exist
The introduction of cheap, imported garlic into Australia in the mid 1990s saw a massive decline in local production. Many farmers moved out of garlic production at the time as they could not compete with the flood of cheap imports.
Today, the Australian garlic industry is resurgent to consumer demand and becoming stronger as consumers return to the fresh, tasty, aromatic garlic grown throughout Australia.
We are a member organisation
Collectively we have the power to develop a visionary and productive industry.
Who can join?
- Anyone involved or interested in the Australian garlic industry